Sunday, September 11, 2016

A Week in the Canadian Rockies

Before the end of summer, I always try and head back to my hometown in Alberta, Canada to visit my family. If you follow me on Instagram (@globalgarcon), you'll know that I was there just over a week ago. Not only did I visit some of my favourite spots in the Rockies, but I went for a drive to British Columbia and even attended the Ted Baker store opening at Chinook Centre. Here's a little recap of my trip...

One of the first places that I visited when I arrived in Banff was Lake Minnewanka. The drive up is gorgeous and the view of the lake is even better!

It may have been over 30 degrees Celsius in Toronto, but the weather in Banff was chilly to say the least. Hence why I got the opportunity to sport some of my favourite autumn pieces like this denim jacket from Le Château (similar).

Coincidentally Abhishek Dekate was in Alberta at the same time so we met up for pizza at Una on 17th followed by coffee at Philosafy Coffee. If you live in Calgary or you're planning a trip there, I highly recommend both of these spots.

While we were in Calgary for the Ted Baker store opening we stayed at Hotel Arts, a boutique hotel located in Calgary's downtown core. Unfortunately I didn't get to snap too many photos of the room, but if you follow Abhi and I on social media you may have seen a few vids on Insta and Snapchat. 

To end an amazing stay at the hotel, we ordered room service before we checked out. If you ask me there's nothing better than sleeping in and waking up to a huge spread of breakfast waiting at your door. Am I right?

Overall my trip to Alberta was amazing and I couldn't have asked for a better way to end my summer vacation...Until next time Alberta!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Global Garçon. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig