Thursday, September 15, 2016

OUAI Haircare...Is It Worth the Hype?

If you're an avid beauty blog reader/YouTube video watcher like me, you've probably heard of OUAI haircare. It's a line of products that was developed by Jen Atkin, a celebrity hairstylist to the stars (JLO, the Kardashians and Jessica Alba to name a few). Considering I've always used basic drugstore shampoo and conditioner (don't judge me!), I thought I would give the Smooth Shampoo and Smooth Conditioner a try and see if they live up to the hype.



The Good:

First and foremost, the scent of this shampoo and conditioner is heavenly (you know how important fragrances are to me!). Secondly I did find that these products smoothed and left my hair silky, shiny and replenished. In addition the formulas are also extremely nourishing. My hair can often feel slightly on the dry side, so the moisture factor is always a major concern for me when I'm hunting for new hair products...These don't disappoint!

Aesthetically speaking, I'm completely obsessed with the packaging. It's super minimal and the hexagonal lid adds to the overall luxe factor. If you're a blogger like me or enjoy taking pretty flat lays, these products are going to be your best friends.

The Bad:

One of the only criticisms I have about these products is the price. The shampoo is $35 CAD and the conditioner is $32 CAD at Sephora. I guess you could definitely put this brand under the "luxe" category and with that, comes a hefty price tag. However if you're like me, investing in high-quality products is always the way to go...As I always say, buy less and spend more!


Worth the money?

In my opinion these products are definitely worth the money. They do exactly what they claim to do on the bottle and the the fragrance adds to the overall appeal. If you're on a budget and don't want to purchase both products at once, pickup one, give it a try and go from there.

Also keep in mind that I have short hair. I don't use as much product as someone with shoulder-length hair would use. That being said these products are definitely going to last a long time, but again that depends on how much of the product you use and how often you shampoo/condition your hair.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Global Garçon. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig